Wonder oven links

17 Apr

I’ve been getting questions about wonder ovens.  How to make them yourself, where to go to buy them, what in the world they are, etc.  My apologies for the confusion, in the future I’ll be redesigning things to make that information easier to find.  In the meantime anyone with questions can hop over to this post and this youtube for a quick run down.  Of course, feel free to email me (myfoodstoragecookbook@hotmail.com) if you have other questions that still aren’t answered and I’ll do my best to answer :) !

6 Responses to “Wonder oven links”

1. Julene April 17, 2012 at 2:02 am #

I am excited to see what you are going to cook!! You are a brave woman!!

• myfoodstoragecookbook April 17, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

:) Julene, I’m going to remember you said I was brave the next time I have to get stuck by a needle. I’m such a wimp when it comes to that (…which would be tomorrow, ugh!).

2. Robin April 17, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

You are wonderful! I thank you for sharing all of your recipes. We have adopted many of them into our FS menu. I have shared your site with A LOT of lost souls looking for FS direction and ideas. Thank you, again.
    Robin

• myfoodstoragecookbook April 17, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

Thanks Robin. I know how it feels to be at a loss when you look at your supplies and have no idea what to make with them (and then to search everywhere between books and internet and still not know what to do). If it’s helping someone out there I’m so happy!

3. Kelly September 24, 2014 at 2:40 pm #

I hope to make a WO and have Cutco stainless steel pots/pans. If you cook on the stove with the lid on and then turn off the heat, the lid will suction to the pan and you have to heat the pan up a bit to get the lid off. Do you think the heat will drop enough in the WO that this will happen? (I guess I’d just have to plan to reheat the pan on the stove to get the lid off.)

• Megan September 25, 2014 at 6:34 am #

I actually have a pot from Cutco like that too, so I could try it for you and let you know. I haven’t actually used it in a very long time. If you check out this chart mid way down a friend of mine’s post (which is itself – due to the test – is reading pretty low for the temps, since by opening it up and testing it heat would have escaped), you’ll see the temps stay right around 170-180 ºF over cooking time (the chart is comparing different fillers for the wonder ovens but it still makes the point). I’ve tested boiling water myself and it’s stayed near boiling temps for between 12-18 hours. Also, those who attend the classes I teach are always so surprised at how hot the pots are when I pull them out. In fact, I have to have hot pads to pull out a pot, it’s so hot. Not sure exactly on the Cutco though, my best guess is that there won’t be a problem, but I can let you know!