Radio Show: Wonder Ovens!

25 Mar

Take a listen tomorrow, March 26th at 1pm CT (or any time afterward, it’ll be archived with the same link) where Joyce Pierce, host of the “All You Need to Know Show” with the Preparedness Radio Network, has invited me over to talk about Wonder Ovens!

We’ll be talking about making them, using them and why having one is so valuable as you’re getting your food storage preps together!

A few post-script details from what was talked about…

• To find a local supplier of the styrene beads, I called a national supplier of foam products, Insulfoam (1-800-228-4412), and asked where in my area they supplied “unexpanded polystyrene bead”.  From there I was given a local supplier, which (in my area) referred to them as “virgin beads”.
  • Once you have the beads and the pattern ready you can follow the rest of the instructions easily by visiting the step by step instructions on the following two sites. We filled the pillows using 4 gallons of beads to fill the top and 6 gallons to fill the bottom.  This made a set of pillows “floppy” enough to fit in an 18 gallon bucket.

www.Iwillprepare.com

www.prepared-housewives.com

• for those of you wondering what the styrene pellets look like and how big they’re “not”…here’s a picture of the size you’re looking for.

Styrene Pellets

• Due to the difficulty we had in creating the pattern from the angles given online, if you’d like a paper pattern mailed I’m offering them for free.  (I’ll pull this offer from the post if it becomes too much to keep up with.)  Just send me an email to request one with your mailing address if interested.  My email address is myfoodstoragecookbook@hotmail.com.

7 Responses to “Radio Show: Wonder Ovens!”

1. Dary Hernandez March 25, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

Congratulations!! I will tell my friends.

Dary

2. Pam Emick March 25, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

You go girl!!

-Pam

3. myfoodstoragecookbook March 25, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

Thanks, it’s a great topic! I’m excited to tell people about it!

4. Prepared Housewives April 3, 2013 at 3:49 am #

You’re nice! I gave people a week to copy their pattern and then told them good luck!

• myfoodstoragecookbook April 3, 2013 at 4:14 am #

:) this is mostly for those out of the area who are trying to figure it out based on what’s given online. It was a pain figuring out the angles and coming up with that pattern; there’s no need for it to be such an obstacle if it can be shared.

• Prepared Housewives April 4, 2013 at 4:09 am #

That’s a huge help. They better show you some love :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Where to Buy: Wonder Oven Beads | My Food Storage Cookbook - August 6, 2013

[…] the beads (esp. shipping) at a reasonable price for where they live, even using the ideas I shared here.  I’m so glad she reached out because thanks to her I was able to find yet another option […]